Reply to post: Re: How does society deal with the hopeless rejects?

AdBlock Plus, websites draft peace deal so ads can bypass blockade

Someone_Somewhere

Re: How does society deal with the hopeless rejects?

Unfortunately, the solution to that requires a much more thorough overhaul to human nature than simply a change in source of income - and I'm not sure it will ever happen.

Giving your all just isn't enough in a world in which how hard you work is barely even tangentially related to the reward you reap for your efforts - you don't need to give your all: you need connections, luck, timing, something attention-grabbing and (best of all) inherited wealth.

You don't need to be any good, you just need to come up with something like 'Peeple', I'm sorry to say.

The world/Life isn't fair, no, but feeling sorry for onesself won't change that, so, we either pick ourselves up and keep trying until we finally 'get a break' or we try some other endeavour.

I am, myself, one of the 'rejects' we're talking about and I've had my share of failure (sometimes my fault, sometimes bad luck, sometimes due to the machinations of others) but I wouldn't attempt to blame any ethically dubious behaviour on lack of options: I refuse to indulge in ethically dubious behaviour - my self-respect is too high a price to pay as far as I'm concerned*

* I know because I've already paid that price in my life - haven't done it since though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon