Reply to post: Re: FBI vs Apple

Cook moves iPhone debate to FBI's weak ground: The media

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: FBI vs Apple

You can of course continue fooling yourself that there is some kind of moral principles Apple is fighting for but in reality all they're fighting for is their profits. Right now it is profitable to look like they care about users, once it will be more profitable to sell all your data to highest bidder they will do it without split second of hesitation and phleeease try to prove me I'm wrong, I'd like to see that.

I'm not entirely sure where you learned reasoning, but I'd get my money back if I were you.

1 - it is indeed in Apple's interest to fight this for its own reasons, but note that even data thief Google is siding with them. Why? Because the implications of this precedent would destroy their business too. US companies already have enough problems protecting client information, and now Germany has even introduced a new privacy law specifically aimed at US companies so they *really* don't want matters to get even worse.

2 - prove you wrong on something that hasn't happened? Really? I know it's close to the weekend but you're hitting the recreational drugs a bit early IMHO.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon