Reply to post: Re: Cable TV

FCC clicks off the safety, fires at America's great cable TV box rip-off

Da Weezil

Re: Cable TV

"we still have to pay $65 a month to TWC, and that breaks my heart, but there is no alternative hereabouts except dialup."

XE tells me that that equates to £45 per month I'm assuming that is for the2/20 you mention in you post Here in the UK, for £37 I get 80/20 Fibre to the Cabinet service (The copper link from my place to the street cab loses me 7 Mbps so it works out at 73 Mbps) Unmetered of course and that isn't with one of the budget providers - I could do it a LOT cheaper if I wanted to endure dire Support. admittedly I have to add line rental to that - but again as its only the wires I need I have a basic connection only deal that costs me £10 per month. No wonder my Buddy in WV keeps saying he hates my internet and how lucky I am here. I have a legacy package on Sky (satellite) that costs me just shy of $42 per month and the HD box they provided at the start of the contract a few years back is now "mine" - as soon as it passed out of contract the box was upgraded by me to a bigger hard drive

You guys sure do get shafted.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon