Reply to post: Just saying...hopefully useful info.

Shopping for PCs? This is what you'll be offered in 2016

Cloud-Bytes
IT Angle

Just saying...hopefully useful info.

I have a strange mix of requirements for a laptop as a self employed IT guy and in own life serious photographer.

Currently running a 2016 model Dell XPS 15. 32gb DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Nvidia Graphics card and a nice clear display. It's slim and tough, about the size I'd a 14" Laptop due to near zero bezel display. For me it's kind of the laptop I have been waiting for. Churns through photoshop actions in seconds via CUDA. Runs / Stores numerous Virtual machines in various OS's. Runs visual Studio super fast. As an example can fire up a virtual server from cold to logged in in around 20 secs.

I add this in this thread not to be tw**ty just as lots of IT folk with work to do might find this is a good portable "road warrior" laptop that replaces a desktop. Also supports Thunderbolt/USB C docks. Currently running 2 X HD and 1 X 4K displays and various peripherals from one cable.

Feels like a kick in the backside from MAC designs made Dell raise their game on design which can only be a good thing...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon