Reply to post: Re: Wil be glad to have him out of the news

Assange will 'accept arrest' on Friday if found guilty

Bota

Re: Wil be glad to have him out of the news

I'll bite,due to the interesting and thought provoking response on your part.

I'm not sure you've really grasped how the comments section on here works. >> let's aim for a little less condescending overtones next time shall we?

You see, it is entirely possible for an intelligent human being to hold many conflicting views simultaneously.>> double think you mean? Or do you mean that situations/ events aren't only one dimensional and hold a wide array of variables upon which we can draw different conclusions depending on the current frame of reference?

It is also possible to have a nuanced view of a situation/person. >> I also think he's a bit of a c**t, truth be told. However, the work he has done politically will have him spoken about for decades. Who will remember you? It's easy for us to judge those with bigger foot steps, and knowledge = power, he had/has a lot. He went from a jobless nobody hacker in Oz, to a vocal mouth piece against one of the largest powers the world has ever seen. For that alone he gets my respect. Did Michael Jackson do something immoral with the children in his care? Maybe, but Thriller is still one of the greatest albums ever made.

I can also think that his published behaviors and attitudes could cast some doubt as to his motives for all his endeavors (both good and bad). >> irrelevant to me, he provided knowledge, most notably about the illegal invasion of Iraq and most recently about the TPP which about to fist f**k us all.

The one thing that I am remembering right now is that a legal fund was set up through Wikileaks to help Bradley Manning. I don't recall that ever being sent to the poor sod when he was being held, naked, in isolation with charge or trial in the US. >> no amount of money could of saved him, I'm sure of that. There is also the fact that VISA cancelled payment transactions for Wikileaks.

I've lost interest in his actions >> So why are you commenting?

Whether you take my comments at face value or not is no business of mine, however, I read your comments and agree with a small % of what you stated. In the future though, if you want to have a discussion with me then approach me with a sense of equality, not projecting a pseudo-asynchronous mis-balance of intellect. I may not express myself the way "you like", that's the beauty of so called free speech. Either that or ignore me, it's your choice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon