Reply to post: Re: I upgraded back in November, and Windows 10 is working great.

Windows 10 will now automatically download and install on PCs

Chika
Holmes

Re: I upgraded back in November, and Windows 10 is working great.

He doesn't have to be an MS representative to have had a good experience upgrading to Windows 10

True, and not all users are Microsoft fanbois or shills either. Not all systems fall flat on their arses when upgraded either, though some users never notice the faults that can sometimes be inherent in a system that is upgraded rather than clean installed, probably because they don't necessarily know what to look for.

Where you have to ask questions, however, is when somebody talks up a product and tries to justify this by his words alone and gives no real sources. I've been using MS-DOS since V1 and have used most of the Windows versions at some point or other as well as Unix, Linux and a few other OSs that you may or may not have heard of, and I will often refer to my experience here and elsewhere but I will normally expect readers to take that with a pinch of salt where necessary, especially if I state something that isn't being verified by a source.

As for the scanner, it may be possible to find a third party driver out there to bridge the gap, but you may have a wait on your hands since driver writers are, as far as I can see, still catching up with the new release.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon