Reply to post:

Rejoice, Penguinistas, Linux 4.4 is upon us

Hans 1
Mushroom

>So will 2016 be the year of Linux on the desktop?

No! Die-hard Linux nerd here, check my other posts ...

Sooooo, I updated to jessie (Debian stable) over the holiday season and the fuck is not stable, my classic gnome has gone, replaced by some other junk, Gnome 3 is still a mess, pre-alpha quality, if you ask me, but who would.

I have systemd, they say improved boot time - I CALL BS - boot time has increased by about 50%, yes, I might need to "convert"all those services (built-in ones, of course) to use the new systemd, I thought Debian had done that for me?????

Sound is b0rken, for the first time since 2002 (for me at least). I compiled & installed the realtek driver, kernel panic, first since 2001 (again, for me, note that all previous kernel panics I have had were from kernels I compiled). This system (the hard drive image) has been running Linux almost flawlessly since 2007 on multiple systems throughout the years.

I have downloaded the FreeBSD ISO... ;-)

If I may ask, please remove the children from the room ... what comes next is far from pretty:

Ich hasse dich, Lennart Poettering, du SAU, verschwinde, hau ab, hätte deine Mutter abgetrieben, wärst du uns erspart geblieben!

Excuse my German ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon