Reply to post: Re: Does it still hate the user?

Longing to bin Photoshop? Rock-solid GIMP a major leap forward

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Does it still hate the user?

If you're referring to the floaty MDI, then there is now a one window interface (since about 2009) which was the biggest bug bear of most Windows users (not so much of a problem for Mac users as they would be used to it).

My only issue (I use it about 5 times a year) is that I keep thinking of it as an object based program like Inkscape and looking for the select arrow, rather than an image based program. But that's more to do with the work I do with it (not so much photo editing, image manipulation) rather than the program.

I also struggle a little with the floating text, pasted layers, anchoring and that difference between the layer, the image and the selected area (e.g. Thinking I am pasting onto the canvas when I am actually pasting within a selected image on a selected layer and so can't see my pasted item as it is out of the image bounds).

However, with live filtering and when it gets non-destructive editing it will be amazing (for the role it is designed for). This along with Inkscape would suit my (limited) purposes completely.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon