Reply to post: Re: h4rm0ny Seriously, though

NSA spying on US and Israeli politicians stirs Congress from Christmas slumbers

h4rm0ny

Re: h4rm0ny Seriously, though

>>"No. Because it's a state built on land stolen FROM them and the genocide of the 12 Tribes of Israel. They claim the land is theirs by God-given right, so their claim is absolute."

As a point of interest, modern day Jewish people have little more claim to be descended from twelve ancient Hebrew tribes than anyone else. DNA is a mishmash of everything for everyone by this point. I mean think about it - there are multiple different ethnic groups of Jews, all widely disparate for a start. Up to and including Black Jews.

There was a massive wave of proselytization - I forget exactly when, around 8th Century, I think? - under which huge numbers of people converted to Judaism. This is all provable genetic history though some contest it for obvious political reasons. But at any rate, the notion that those lands belonged to the ancestors of modern day Jewish people is no more true for those modern day Jewish people than it is for huge numbers of non-Jewish modern day people - including Arabs. And in either case, the idea of a state based around ethnic qualification for citizenship is repugnant, anyway.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon