Reply to post: FFS!!!

Getting metal hunks into orbit used to cost a bomb. Then SpaceX's Falcon 9 landed

CheesyTheClown

FFS!!!

There are now three companies... that's right... companies... privately owned enterprises which have been establishing launch capability and rocket reuse. These companies have all managed to accomplish MASSIVE tasks. Bezos, Musk and Rutan have all been able to make history by not only launching rockets into space but doing it with very little money compared to the old dogs (who are due to be put out to rest).

This doesn't need to be a competition. I'd imagine that there is more than enough business to keep them all going. Whether it's satellites, space travel, exploration, etc... we need all of them and it doesn't matter who did what first. The game has barely started. We'll soon start building space stations and colonies and more. There will be some enterprising people who decide to mine the moon or mars and build more ships out there. What I'm sure of is, unlike NASA who lacked agility, the technology behind space travel will evolve rapidly now. Imagine a day when virgin galactic can fly you to space to be dropped off at a port where large rockets not even to be dreamed of yet will take you to the moon or beyond.

Quit the competitive bullshit already and congratulate three great companies run by true visionaries.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon