Reply to post: Re: A big year of shame for Windows...

Windows 10: What's coming in 2016?

shovelDriver

Re: A big year of shame for Windows...

I'm confused. My Windows 10 Pro, desktop & laptop & tablet, plus those of all my clients, are running Classic Shell with no issues. Of course, I have deleted or disabled registry keys and services to stop the blatant theft of personal identifying data and the slurping of personal use patterns, software lists, et al. I suspect it helps that I - and my clients - use machines for work and real communication, and do not download and install every social networking app as a substitute for real person-to-person "interfacing".

Just in case you're getting your Classic Shell from, uh, disinformation sites, here's the info:

Classic Shell

FREEware

http://www.classicshell.net/

Requirements: Classic Shell works on Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and their server counterparts (WinServer 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016). Both 32 and 64-bit versions are supported. The same installer works for all versions. Note: Windows RT is not supported.

No, I do not work for them, own stock in their firm, sell them services, or profit in any way other than the wasted time their product helps me reclaim when using the abomination that Windows 10 is out-of-the-box.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon