Reply to post: They're not helping themselves here.

Microsoft steps up Windows 10 nagging

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

They're not helping themselves here.

I've got Win 10 on 3 of my home machines.

It's reasonably quick to boot and shut down, light on resources and very stable.

Classic Shell is still in use for me but I could probably do without it.

Spybot Anti-Beacon is something I've started running as I'm too lazy to keep up with all the tweaks Microsoft keep making, I have a reasonable amount of trust in Spybot so this suits me for home use. I'd even go as far as to say Win10 is okay to friends who ask for advice, with the above caveats of course.

I don't have enough experience of deploying Windows in a business environment to have an informed opinion on that aspect, but I think I'd be a bit cautious.

However ramming it down peoples throats is counter productive I feel, they are unnecessarily alienating those they want to entice. A non-tech forum I visit is full of comments on Win10 being rubbish and to be avoided, to the point that some people are wanting to go back to the good ol' days of XP. As I said, it's a non-tech forum, but it does go to show what happens when you fail to get the message across properly and also try to 'bully' people in to thinking the way you want them to.

Stubborn lot those Humans.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon