Reply to post: good times

Adobe: We locked our customers in the cloud and out poured money

joed

good times

I'm no fan of renting and idea of chasing great new features at great expense does not sound convincing to me. But I'd agree that for a short term gig type of business this makes perfect sense - pay only for what you use and drop it when business is down or alternative shows up (we'll see Adobe's revenue the next economic downturn). Not sure how much it takes to terminate the service - if it resembled Comcast's experience I'd stay away.

Yet it seems that it's the bigger, established businesses that have no problem burning money in monthly/yearly allotments - supposedly it's better from financial/tax perspective than owning some assets. Obviously, access to new features is a must (even if no user can utilize them).

I have no idea why some hobbyists fall for it though. I guess it's the same like with O365 subscriptions - it's only 10$ a month they say (well, for me it's a waste of 120$ a year).

It's sort of like with all you can eat buffet - looks like a great deal until you realize that moderation is not only cheaper but a healthier choice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon