Reply to post: So...

Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XL: Clear thoughts of Continuum with a snazzy camera

Sean Timarco Baggaley

So...

...it's an excellent phone, and a damned good camera as well. Sounds like Microsoft cherry-picked the best organs from Nokia's twitching corpse for the transplant. Sold. I'm buying a 950 XL. My Nokia Lumia 1320 has given me sterling service, but my sister has been asking me less-than-subtle questions about when I plan to upgrade it, and can she have it when I do, preferably for Christmas, pleasepleasepleaseprettypleasewithacherryontop. Or words to that effect.

I agree that Windows 10 Mobile is still a bit rough around the edges, but it has a hell of a lot of potential and it is already quite usable now. MS really needs this to work, and their track record on iterating and pig-headed stubbornness is a good one: It took until v3.1 for Windows to finally catch on, so they have form.

When I buy a phone -- or any computer for that matter -- one of my main criteria isn't just that it be good *today*, but what its prospects are for upgrades over its lifetime of service. Microsoft have been very good at providing good updates and upgrades over the years, whereas the same cannot be said for the vast majority of Android devices. (Apple are good too, but they didn't have a big-screen phone when I switched and none of their current iPhone models has sufficient on-board storage for my needs.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon