Reply to post: Re: Re:Atheism is no more rational and theism.

Obama calls out encryption in terror strategy speech

Joseph Eoff

Re: Re:Atheism is no more rational and theism.

QUOTE: "Wrong. Atheism is about a desperate need to believe there is no god. They have no evidence. Nor are they open minded enough to allow for the possibility. But they need to believe that there isn't one."

Wrong. Atheism is about looking at the evidence for god (or gods or godesses,) and determining that the evidence for them is about as good as the evidence for that invisible pink unicorn you keep in the invisible box in your garage.

I don't believe in god ( or gods or goddesses) because the evidence sucks. Since it sucks so bad, I'm don't feel any need to believe it.

I don't know if there is a god, but the evidence to date looks like this:

1. Lots of people REALLY want to believe in one.

2. The evidence that there is one is so poor that belief in anything based on it can only be termed an act of desperation.

3. Lots of people believe in lots of different gods ( and goddesses,) and most of these believe that there can only be one true god and/or that people who believe differently are wrong or deluded.

With those points taken together, I can only come to the conclusion that all people who believe in god are wrong or deluded.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon