Reply to post: Re: "The conversation"

Who owns space? Looking at the US asteroid-mining act

DavCrav

Re: "The conversation"

"Instead of paying real journalists and experts like Tim Worstall for revealing or provoking articles we get cut and paste from 'seen on the web'? Or (for entire weekends recently) no articles at all?"

Just to correct a misconception here:

The Conversation is a free, CC-licensed news source provided primarily by the UK university sector. There are a couple of editing 'journalists', but the content of the articles is provided solely by experts, in that they are all university academics in their respective fields. People moan about academics, but I think calling Lewis Page an expert (especially on climate matters) and, to quote from the article

"Gbenga Oduntan, Senior Lecturer in International Commercial Law, University of Kent"

not an expert in international commercial law, seems bizarre.

In the tradition of The Conversation, which requires every contributor to produce a conflict of interest statement, which I don't remember seeing anywhere around here or other news websites:

I have written two articles for The Conversation, at least one of which was serialized in many newspapers around the world with no payment to me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon