Reply to post: GATES is in charge, he's to blame. Seriously.

Sneaky Microsoft renamed its data slurper before sticking it back in Windows 10

brainout
Pint

GATES is in charge, he's to blame. Seriously.

Took me forever to put all the facts together, but now it's clear. BLAME GATES. All his charity work has no value, considering the amount of SUFFERING he's imposed on us all for 15 years, ever since Vista. Or, post-XP.

* Folks want to blame Ballmer, but he's just a fall guy. It was GATES who wants Windows on everything, just like his house.

* The factions, intra-company politics, on-again-off-again flops which are famous now, well.. all that, to obey Daddy.

* Daddy, doesn't care about the customer, he cares about foisting his vision in the name of the greater good. But the greater the push, ignoring the customer, the more EVIL has been done.

* EVIL, as in BILLIONS of agonizing, lost man hours trying to adapt to the latest update or UI change or driver problem or update, or worse: the latest 'new' OS which borks all your programs and drives your life into the toilet. OVER AND OVER AND OVER FOR 15 YEARS!!!!

* EVIL, in that manufacturers were DICTATED TO about how long they could sell a given OS, no matter what the market wanted. And still are.

So Ballmer, now Nadella, and of course the heads that rolled and the ones still attached to the top brass, the Board, the fanboys -- they are all pawns.

Proof is just the history, look at it. And I'm not even talking about all the anti-competition stuff everyone else mentions, because I don't know about it. What I do know, is that it's EVIL to have baked IE into the core of the OS just so you could outdo Netscape; EVIL to do it still for Bing and Cortana; EVIL to have CREATED this monstrosity of insecurity, then have the chutzpah to scream how you keep on needing a 'new' Windows to be 'safer'.

I could kick myself for ever having believed in MiscreantSoft. I avoided Windows until Win95, and then only because I was forced to use it, in order to do tax returns online for my clients. But with XP, I became a fan. Ignorant fan. Mea maxima culpa!

NEVER AGAIN. Finally Linux has just this past June gotten over its own geektard self-righteousness and produced something a small business owner can actually use and install. Just in time. For MSFT, is history.

Wish I knew that earlier, but mas vale tarde que nunca.

I don't know which is worse: a Win fanboy or one newly disgruntled, like me. Cheers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon