Reply to post: @James Micallef Re: They had this ready?

France's 3-month state of emergency lets govt censor the web

Turtle

@James Micallef Re: They had this ready?

"I can only conclude that some right-wing totalitarian organisation already had this draft legislation ready to pull out at the first opportunity."

Ah! I see that you are taking all the lessons you learned from "Loose Change" and other 9/11 conspiracy theories and applying them to real life. Nice!

Also, perhaps you can explain why this had to be the work of a "right-wing totalitarian organization" and not a "left-wing totalitarian organization"? (Unless of course you are one of those naive and gullible political illiterates i.e. "useful idiots" who subscribe to the idea of "no enemies on the left" - and that you are is, I suppose, more than likely.)

"it's pretty much impossible for proper new legislation to have been drafted in 4 days ...the people with most experience in such matters would have spent the last few days doing actual anti-terror work rather than drafting legislation"

...because legislators who and draft enact laws and the people who actually carry out the field work in any field are the same people, right? Oh, I can just see it now! The mass exodus of French lawmakers as they leave the National Assembly for a few days and migrate over to the Ministry Of The Interior and local law enforcement agencies, in order to use their finely-honed criminal-investigation skills and experience to get to the bottom of terrorism in France!

I'd pay to see that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon