Reply to post: Re: Hardware

BT could lawyer up after Sky’s sport channels obligation removed

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Hardware

"Why not take them up on their free trial offer, then?"

I was given a 6 month gift subscription. We'd seen everything we wanted in the first 3 months or so and new stuff wasn't arriving very often. And the menus are a pain to navigate. I'd much prefer a list of text titles rather than a touch screen oriented "slide the VHS style video covers around" where you can only see a few at a time. The images can be shown to one side as the text title is selected. Cover images are hard to scan quickly because you can't always see the title quickly due to graphic design layout and colours.

All said and done, my wife asked me one day if the Netflix thingy still worked. It did, but only had two days left so we checked and decided there was almost nothing worth watching that we'd not already seen. No chance of spending money to subscribe based on that.

I've heard there are ways to get access to the full US catalogue from a UK subscription but we never tried that. I've heard the UK Netflix catalogue is tiny by comparison.

I might consider a fixed length "gift" subscription again next year when there are likely to be more new things to watch.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon