Reply to post:

UK citizens will have to pay government to spy on them

MR J

I say we all band together to create a web crawling bot that runs from our connections and sends out request far and wide to everything!....

20 million people have broadband, if we could get 1% of them to do this daily... hubba hubba at the data storage cost!....

My family does about 10 gig of data every day (games, streaming, browsing, facecrap, twatter, spyspace) and I am sure that a lot will be triggered just by that....

If you make it so expensive and difficult to do and use that it becomes worthless, then perhaps they would abandon it!...

On a side note... DNSCrypt up and running now....

If I could ask a question, it would be if there is a MP is that has a buddy that owns a data retention company selling hardware approved for ISP level data retention... Not that such things happen that way, but still..

The biggest worry about all of this to me isn't the gov having it... It will be that the gov has it next year and then realise that its worth a lot of money if its "anonymized" and we can "opt-out" if we want, but due to cutbacks those opt-out request will be ignored (like our "care-data").

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon