Reply to post: Re: Too... much... unification...

Windows 10: Major update on the Threshold as build 10586 hits Insiders

Dwarf

Re: Too... much... unification...

Because its dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, rather than optimized for the required task.

Its a bit like trying to optimize a toolbox into a single spanner, hammer, wire cuter and screwdriver. On their own, they each work perfectly, but when joined together, all of them become a pain to use more than occasionally. Sure a multi-tool / Swiss Army knife has its place, but not as your primary day-to-day tool of choice, more an option to get your out of a hole.

Ford tried the same with the model T, but look where they are now, different types of cars for different purposes.

Walkers sell different types of crisps to satisfy different user tastes. I could go on but you get the point.

So, why do Microsoft want to repeat the mistakes of the past ??

Give the customer what they want - something Windows XP or Windows 7 shaped without the cloud BS / forced MS account / spyware / auto-update / we know whats best for you.

I'm interested to watch the show, since I've already moved to Linux as I got fed up with the MS BS. Its much like selling a once loved, but now unreliable car. You only know you made the right choice about 3 months later.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon