Reply to post: Telephone call for Mr King...

Here's how TalkTalk ducked and dived over THAT gigantic hack

Commswonk

Telephone call for Mr King...

Or more likely not. Given the less than flattering report that Justin King dropped on Thomas Cook what is really needed is an equivalent report being presented to TalkTalk. Personally I would like to see Justin King do it but somehow I don't see it happening; the only people who think TalkTalk has done / is doing a good job would appear to be their own hierarchy.

On the plus side BBC Radio 4's You and Yours is keeping the wider topic of on - line security on the boil so the entire subject ought to remain fairly high in the public conciousness. Even allowing for some peoples' "mishaps" to be at least partially their own fault a great number of the problems discussed on today's programme could never have arisen if those who hold personal data had done a proper job of protecting it.

I am not a TT customer, but I am not complacent about the risks associated with living a part of my life on - line. Not sure that Mrs Commswonk is quite so watchful, and she is the one who spends more on line than I do. (Money, not time, where I am conspicuously ahead)

I just find it deeply disappointing that so little seems to be being done to make sure that TT and others who take inadequate care of our data are properly rewarded for their lack of investment in both the time and the money to keep our data safe.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon