Reply to post: Re: Here is my comment at the official Windows Insider forum

Next year's Windows 10 auto-upgrade is MSFT's worst idea since Vista

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Here is my comment at the official Windows Insider forum

I suspect your monetary damages may already be underway if this upgrade sneaks past the door in just one company large enough to piss smilingly in the shoes of Microsoft's lawyers.

What is more, labelling this as if it is a mere patch ("just a flesh wound") is asking for problems re. product description laws because there is one thing MS has forgotten: the moment they try to monetise those installs, that "it's just an upgrade" label will turn into a deliberate attempt to mislead people. Anyone over the age of about 30 has picked up enough Microsoft industry history saw that one coming a mile off, but consumers have not, and trumpeting that install figure will then come back to haunt them in a form of IT karma that they very much deserve.

I don't know about the US, but I know for a fact that that will lead to MASSIVE problems in the UK - the moment they start asking for money I'm going to need quite a lot of popcorn because it will be rather fun to watch it all blow up. It'll be a series all of its own.

As I said before, I actually regret I don't have any Windows systems anymore because I could have had some real fun with this one. On the plus side, I can just shrug and get on with work and even have enough time left to comment here :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon