Reply to post: Ah the MS hatred alive and well

How Microsoft will cram Windows 10 even harder down your PC's throat early next year

A Butler

Ah the MS hatred alive and well

God the vitriolic bile and hatred towards Microsoft here on what has been a pretty successful OS release is pretty incredible really. Maybe the Linux die hard’s are hoping the lazy main stream media that peruse this site will alter their view of the launch and adapt a more pessimistic Windows 10 upgrade narrative.

I have upgraded plenty of machines of various ages and spec and from the outset apart for a few niggles most have been fine. I had 1 user that had to go back to Windows 7 because an old Toshiba GDI printer/copier would not work with it and that’s about it.

I get the lack of choice and the pushing out of the OS upgrade and how everyone loves their Windows 7; however from Microsoft’s perspective they want a model similar to Apple when it comes to OS support yet no one complains about their behavior. If MS did not push retirement of old OS’s we’d still have people bitching and expecting support on Windows NT!

As another poster pointed out Apple have had their fair share of upgrade pain recently, as for Linux yes its free however we all know the advocates here are charging well for their services (as they are well entitled to) so it’s not FREE really.

Orderly queue please for the down votes…

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon