Reply to post: Hold Steady

UK finance sector: IT security testing 'becoming close to mandatory'

Richard Jones 1

Hold Steady

It appears that this failure at clap trap was not at the door of some simple sap in IT but at the level of process and system. It appears to have been yet another weak link in the chain. I hope I am safe, I left their clutches a long time ago, yet their rubbish processes apparently may have kept details on file for ex-customers who have long since left their clutches. This is a process level failure at corporate process and governance level, not IT staff level. If they ran such a sloppy ship then what else is broken at the same corporate level, if regulation is needed and it sorely appeared to be needed to weed out such weak links then regulation and mandatory audits should be the way forward. Regulation should only ever catch those in charge of process and design errors, not those who have no responsibilities for other than than their defined role.

Clap trap are part of the financial service chain, if they or anyone else does not like the heat give up and send the bag man round to collect cash on door steps.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon