Reply to post: User Comment

Finally, with W10, Microsoft’s device strategy makes sense

wisiwig

User Comment

I have used 8.0, upgrade 8.1 and now 10 on a 7" Lynx Tablet. With a quad processor, the interface is lightning fast and very pretty.

However, the software has a mind of its own, always off doing anything else, but respond to me and my needs! For example, I cannot seem to get it to do anything useful like open and actually use OneNote an MS product. I cannot use any screen in the way I want to, including buttons, re-sizing or actually read anything useful. I try desperately to centralise and perhaps read a piece of text, but there it goes again! Email downloads like lightning, but I am unable to read the microscopic text that is within each email no matter what I do (I have a note3 which is marginally smaller, but experience no problem with each of these features).

I also have to continually close applications in the background to clear the work area.

I use MS at work and at home, but the concept (which I think is fabulous) has not been converted to the real world in anything like a usable way.

I have added a software mouse and a real keyboard (both bluetooth and USB), still with no resulting control. This rather degenerates the benefits of a tablet, but I thought I would try. I might add that I have a windows 8.1 laptop with touchscreen as well, which suffers many of the same user problems.

I will await the next version of windows, perhaps w16 will finally get there....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon