Reply to post: MBA "Qualification"

TalkTalk attack: 'No legal obligation to encrypt customer bank details', says chief

Commswonk Silver badge

MBA "Qualification"

Not being an MBA myself I can only assume that there is a module called Complacency 101 that has to be passed in order to graduate. The indifference this woman is displaying towards those who might be affected by her company's stupidity is utterly jaw - dropping.

What seems to be clear is that there is no module relating the the Law(s) of Holes, the first of which (for anyone who doesn't know*) is that When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

I for one hope that this does turn out to be a Ratner moment because it is high time that arrogant management was properly rewarded for its actions, or lack of them as the case may be.

I also hope that other organisations are running around making doubly sure that their systems are adequately protected, but that may be a hope too many. Any sane senior management team should be thinking "There but for the Grace of God..." and making certain that they are less reliant on divine intervention and more reliant on more earthly mechanisms.

*Unlikely on this forum!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021