Reply to post: Re: point of view...

New Nexus 5X, 6P smarties: Google draws a line in the sand

PJF
Mushroom

Re: point of view...

Oh and if you *don't* have slot, the sodding phone should be waterproof!!!!

Amen!!!!

I've have an "old" Casio/G-Zone "Boulder" circa 2006/07 that's STILL water-PROOF not "resistant" It still (sorta) does what I need - Receive/Send Voice, (what ever that is...) texts, and takes some-what decent pix's... All being 40' underground in an electrical noisy environment. I deal with pump stations - either potable(fresh) or waste - with more magnetic interference from 1950's low-voltage starters to today's VFD's from 60 to 400 HZ's.

Saturday, after a long day, I recovered my phone in a 1/2 million gallon waste water tank,(granted, it was being pumped down after I got the pumps restarted) that was at 17 feet (about 6 meters for you metric users) when I was called. Plucked it out, with a basket-on-a-stick, in about 3' of muck. Hosed it off (literately), and got my other dozen or so messages...

Now, if Casio - if no one else - can make a (clam-shell) phone like that about 10 years ago WITH expandable (MSD to 32 g's), removable/replaceable battery, EITHER external charger AND/OR cradle charging, and STILL works as advertised, (I admit, I spent US $200 for it at the time) WHY can't anyone else do so?!

/end:rant

P.S. - this is my 3rd phone in my 40-some-odd-year lifetime.. 2nd was a Nokia (can't remember the model - old-timers disease ;-) ) mono stick, and 1st was a Panasonic LUGGABLE; 2-piece, with the FULL 3-Watt output in the late 80's - not the milli / micro Watt we have now...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon