Reply to post:

Microsoft offers to PAY YOU to trade in your old computer for a Windows 10 device

Chas
Unhappy

I'm about a femtosecond away from removing Windows from all the public computers in the community centre where I volunteer as the BOFH and installing Linux Mint. Fortunately our public IT suite has more Macs than PCs, and very popular they are too. We are also actively seeking funding to switch the office machines to Macs.

I've worked in IT for 45 years: Windows has always been an utter pain in the fecking arse to deal with since the early 80s. OS X and Linux Mint, on the other hand, are an absolute joy to work with. Our usage patterns at the centre confirm that Windows no longer offers any advantages over other platforms and we could make significant cost savings by transitioning our remaining PCs to Linux.

Now if I could totally ditch Flash I'd be happy. Unfortunately, as we are a training centre for UKOnline, we still have to deploy Flash as the Learn My Way series of online IT courses is Flash-driven and it will probably take years before it's dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

YMMV!

=:~)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon