Reply to post:

Microsoft now awfully pushy with Windows 10 on Win 7, 8 PCs – Reg readers hit back

The Quiet One

Spotted this bullshit on my wife's Win 7 laptop the other day, not been used for a while as she has a Surface Pro 3 as a daily use device.

Fired it up and straight away, the "Get Windows 10" icon produced a bubble type alert, saying 100m people had already updated....I just fucked that right off and assumed that would be that.

Next, i manually ran Win update from the control panel and was amazed that after scanning for a but, instead of telling what updates I could have, it just told me to update to Win 10!!

Oh my days!! So i had to go into the optional updates, uncheck that update before i could patch the machine ( also - dafuq, optional but checked by default, you wankers!!!!!)

So, with a small amount of knowledge you can avoid it, but can you imagine how many morons and suckers have just blindly "Next>next>nexted" themselves into oblivion?? No wonder 100 MEEELION people have upgraded , they probably don't know they had a choice!

If would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

Fuck you MS - Windows 7 was great and now you've gone and fucked it all, again.

P.S - the person quoted in the article, who has a "Business Critical backup machine" and is getting his updates straight from Win Update. What a pratt! You have no business working in IT!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon