Reply to post: @ Garry Perez

Microsoft now awfully pushy with Windows 10 on Win 7, 8 PCs – Reg readers hit back

zen1

@ Garry Perez

You and I have a lot in common... I started my experience with MS with DOS 1.0, and I've been an on again off again shill for Microsoft since the mid 80's. No more. I am in the process of converting my last spare machine to LINUX Mint as well and will only maintain Windows 7 for as long as this hardware holds out.

To say I'm livid with the idiocy behind MS's latest stun is a bit of an understatement. If/when I decide to upgrade OS's, it's on my schedule, not theirs. and it's sure as heck not going to happen blindly, without vetting the most important (and expensive) applications I use. While those apps will probably work with Windows 10, there's always a chance they won't and then I'm either out of luck and have to purchase more software because of Windows 10, or I have to spend at least a full day restoring my machine.

Needless to say, this whole experience has placed Microsoft in a very negative light, with me, and like you, I plan on conveying the virtues of LINUX to all of the friends and family I support, and recommend they consider abandoning MS, as well.

I've had it with all the creative liberties that MS (and Google & FB) are taking with my equipment,by collecting metrics on my usage patterns, at my expense. I am not their guinea pig nor am I one of their beta users. I am their soon to be former customer and should have a little bit of respect given to my property.

In conclusion, Microsoft can suck it and take their latest disaster of an OS and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon