Reply to post: Re: Cop Braked to Provoke Incident

Top telematics: Black box helps driver swerve speeding fine

Stevie

Re: Cop Braked to Provoke Incident

Yep, happened to me on Kenpass Highway in Coventry some years ago. Cop in outside lane doing 40. Me on inside lane doing 40. He brakes and stops me for "overtaking on the left".

Why did he feel moved to do this? A) it was 3 am and in 1983 driving the deserted streets at that hour was " suspicious". 2) he was paired with the sourest-faced WPC I've ever personally encountered. Something had put her back up that night and she was not in a forgiving mood.

I had my vengeance. I told him I wasn't carrying my paperwork (it was in the boot) so he had to write a dsk appearace ticket for me. I let him fill it out and when he said "Broad Street okay for you?" I said " No. Kingston-upon-Thames".

I was working a contract there and would be there from 8 am the next day for a week. He had to get on the radio and wake someone up so they could find a cop-shop for him to write in the ticket. I like to think everyone involved gave him hell for a bullshirt stop.

Why was I out at that time? I drove a TR6 and felt like a run with no other drivers clogging up the view.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon