Reply to post:

Linux kernel dev who asked Linus Torvalds to stop verbal abuse quits over verbal abuse

WalterCool

Fuck off, we all software engineers are in the same way and is our way to produce quality. The main idea of being into a community is the no formalities, everyone hates to be polite when your work is hard, serious and complex, is so easy as say "you don't have the time and patience" for that.

I can understand very well the Linus situation and I can imagine a lot of guys also understand his mind, you are a good expert developer who receive a lot of shit code daily... noone can be polite with a job like that, is too stressful already your work to mind your words.

So hell no, she is an ass about ther comentary, a self created victim, Linus is rough with his commentaries, but never takes things personal because he just don't care who are you, lol, I have kinda similar way to see the world, just because you don't have time for that. As a good professional he reviews your code and evaluate it in his way, but never personal

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon