Reply to post: Re: Abusive Managers

Linux kernel dev who asked Linus Torvalds to stop verbal abuse quits over verbal abuse

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Abusive Managers

I'm working with people who never finish their work, write dreadful code - the less they can, and just wait for someone else to finish, fix, and improve their work out of desperation for an upcoming release.

They can do that because those in charge of product management and HR don't care because after all the releases are ready and customer satisfied enough - thereby, to avoid any "issue" with unions and the like, they pretend everything is OK. They don't get the slightest reprimand, so why should they start to work really? Asking them politely to finish their tasks in time, and with good quality? They reply politely "sure, no problem...." - and then keep on as they like.

Just I have people who are stealing their salary, and others who are working more than they should because others are exploiting them. The environment is becoming dreadful, someone left - and they weren't of course those doing little bad work. Others have enough, but are too worried to express what they think. But the stress is taking a toll on them.

I have enough too, and I started to express what I think loud and clear... sorry, you can't exploit me beyond a threshold... and I'm usually a guy very willingly to help, explain and share knowledge.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon