Reply to post: Oh For Crying Out Bloody Loud!

Uber's double Dutch moment: Cops raid offices a second time

Sanctimonious Prick
Flame

Oh For Crying Out Bloody Loud!

I can understand the haters, and those that oppose Uber, but for farqs sake... this is about institutions. The taxi industry being one of them, seemingly, all over the world (or wherever Uber get resistance).

I effing hate taxis in Sydney! I asked a taxi driver who was blaring an AM sports channel if we could change it to JJJ. "No," was his answer. So I told the driver to just let us out then. He declined, but drove us back to where he picked us up from. Now, it clearly states that the passenger gets to choose which radio station is played on the radio, clearly, right in front of the passenger, there is a sign about my rights, my responsibilities, and those of the taxi driver. I am in charge of the fucking radio when I pay you drive me around, right!!

And then there's the taxi driver who asks, "which route should we take?" "Erm, the quickest."

Then there's the taxi driver who's constantly talking on their mobile phone, almost, seemingly, whispering, in another language. Like fuck, man - pay attention to the road. Get off the phone!

Then there's the taxi driver who truly goes the longest route. Driver knows it. I know it. What's the result? I get into an argument with the taxi driver and I get out. Girlfriend pays the full inflated fare. Girlfriend and I fight for the rest of the evening.

Good luck, Uber. You are a breath of fresh air to the (at least) Sydney taxi industry.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon