Reply to post: Vacation time!

You want the poor to have more money? Well, doh! Splash the cash

Curly4
Happy

Vacation time!

Why should I work my a** of to earn more money to have MY money taken away from by force and given to another? So when they do this it will be VACATION TIME!!!.

I have another suggestion to increase the income for the POOR. For any person who is physically and or mentally fit for that person to receive any unearned entitlements (welfare) that person would have to spend 8 hours a day at some assigned task. That would be based on what that person can do even if that is only sitting in a chair in some autormum without their e-gadgets. There will always be trash to be picked up on public property, or some other menial job that don't take much thought power. Now if a person is truly disabled such as needing 24/7 care then as as long as they are under that 24/7 care they would be exempted from the work requirement. If the person needs child care that would be provided, in fact that could the job for some of the ones getting the unearned entitlements. If nothing else can be found the person would have set in a chair with no entertainment for the time required with only the breaks that people working in the private industry is required to get. Fore some who want to learn to earn they could be taking classes and as long as they passed the classes they could get paid for that instead of the made work. However after the training they would then have to get a job or be given one of the menial jobs.

If this was adopted I would bet that there would be a sudden drop in those who applied for the income and get out and find a job where they can earn more money.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon