Reply to post: Re: Yeah, I noticed The Register is in Apple Hate Mode

Apple downgrades iPhone 6S with wimpy 1715mAh battery

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Yeah, I noticed The Register is in Apple Hate Mode

Apple has been a platform of "stuff we're not going to tell you."

I'm kinda puzzled by the list you give there because there isn't a single fact in that list that wasn't provided in the product specs and in the (overly) copious product reviews that tend to appear even before the products are properly available. Even the most casual approach to research would have shown you this.

Besides, Google isn't exactly telling you everything when you choose Android either. First of all, to make all of it work you need a Google account, and anyone with a basic amount of common sense who would actually READ the Terms & Conditions that that requires would stop right there because they're on the wrong side of onerous. Secondly, for security updates you are at the mercy of the chain between your device and Google, which can involved AND a manufacturer AND a telco. In other words, it may *appear* safe but it is far from it (as close to a billion people have found out recently).

In the negative sense too you ought to maintain some semblance of balance. Otherwise it's not informative, it's misleading.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon