Reply to post: Yeah, well..

Intel's 6th gen processors rock – but won't revive PC markets

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Yeah, well..

I don't know, and the vast majority of the time don't even care, about all the technical details of the CPUs, GPUs and graphics cards and all that, but I can say that back in the days of Windows XP I bought refurbished PC's because I was unemployed and couldn't afford anything else, and just had to live with the limited range of games that my PC could play. Here I am still buying refurbished PCs because I generally can't see the point of buying new.

Quite aside from it being extremely difficult to impossible to buy new without also having to pay for Windows (which hasn't been of interest to me for my home machines for years now), the fact is that the performance of the refurbished PCs has been perfectly adequate for my needs. Whilst I'm not a hardcore gamer in hardcore gamer terms, I'm not infrequently considered to be one by friends, because I spend a lot of time playing games like Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, as against Angry Birds and whatever the latest puzzle game is. The only game I've not been able to play that I'd quite like the opportunity to try has been the latest incarnation of Elite. But give it a few years, and I'll doubtless be able to buy refurbed kit that'll play it.

Must be getting along - a refurbed PC I bought 5 years ago is about to be given a new Linux Mint install so it can go to some friends in need of replacing an extremely old WinXP box.... sorry, Intel! 8-}

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon