Reply to post: Re: theatre, just not masterpiece...

As McAfee runs for US President – we ask a crucial question: Will Reg readers back him?

phil dude
Boffin

Re: theatre, just not masterpiece...

I gave you an upvote - there's something to the whole name recognition thing...*Clintoncough*, *Bushcough*.

That is sort of my point. We don't have politics at all. We have meta, or even meta-meta politics.

The groups that hold the power and/or money simply rearrange the deck-chairs on the deck, and there is no-one left to steer the ship. Most of political groups are running the gift shops to feather their nests on the lower decks....

Citizens cannot be expected to understand the minutae of the running on the government, so we need a competent civil service to perform this. The problem is we want a meritocratic civil service to solve problems for us all. What we have is an ideologically driven system, that rewards compliance, punishes dissent and has become chaotically entrenched with the money of short-term corporate interests.

I highly recommend reading The Federalist papers and some of the other writings (within 100 years!) that surrounded the creation of the United States.

You might be surprised how much thought went into the very problems we have today...

P.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon