Reply to post: Meh.

No, Siri – I said PAWN stars! New Apple TV gets voice, touch control

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Meh.

From the article:

We have never gone to put the TV on and found that it won't work because the remote needs charging

Really? Never used a Universal Remote from, say, Logitech? I won't blame you, because the setup software must have been made by someone fired from the Windows ME team for bad UI design, but I digress - batteries run out too.

As for the rest, it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet so I'll just recycle something: yeah, we really need another smart TV that is *complicated* (yes, I said it, the Apple TV interface sucks IMHO. Badly).

What I do need is a big screen TV that is SIMPLE to use so I can get one for older people (or office users) without knowing I'll have to be on call for when they accidentally press a wrong button and select the wrong input, land in the menu or otherwise do something that confuses them. And, to be ultra-handy, is NOT reset to a start position by switching it on and off, because we naturally want persistence of that crap too.

Oh, sorry, I forgot, old people don't feature in the world of TV suppliers, because none of them have parents. I told you there would be problems with so many test tube babies.

As for people complaining about an absence of 4K support - personally, I can wait. All it means you have to buy a whole raft of new kit and processing and storage demands go up. I think I'm OK with the current status. Wake me up if someone gets 3D to work properly first, making gaming a bit more interesting.

Last but not least: Siri? No thanks. I am not prepared to give anyone in the US a perfect digital voiceprint off me, nor am I interested in having a mike online 24/7 in my house.

Now, coffee. Lots of coffee.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon