Reply to post: Re: Scarcity of resource

So, was it really the Commies that caused the early 20th Century inequality collapse?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Scarcity of resource

Time is "free" provided your planning is good enough, so taking a month to deliver goods isn't usually a problem - at least not for bulk industrial stuff once you have built up a stock in country (it's just a question of pipelining delivery so there is always a "big enough" stock in country until the next boat arrives). Less true for smaller orders, of course.

Duties sure - that why I said border tariffs - but on the whole they are reducing over time world-wide as most countries realise that on the whole trade goes up with less tariffs in place.

> Also, do not underestimate the problems of managing a global workforce and contractors

There are plenty of multinationals around who prove it works, and globalization doesn't mean I necessarily need my company to do all the out-of-country work. I don't need to have an overseas branch to benefit from overseas labour - I just need to buy materials or finished components from someone who does (directly, or via an importer).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon