Reply to post: I like it.

Windows 10: A sysadmin speaks his brains – and says MEH

D 13
Windows

I like it.

I've been using W10 on a couple of desktops and a laptop for the last few weeks. I was able to use it painlessly right from the start and all my software works exactly as it did under W7.Apart from the control panel irritation and a couple of others it's quicker, slicker and more intuitive than W7 and I would hate to go back.

I suspect that this has been the experience for the vast majority of people, hence the W10 launch has been a non-event. The only complaints I really see are about Microsoft slurping up data, in exactly the same way that Google has been doing through Android for the last five years.

The discussions that I've seen on here and other forums seem to largely consist of linux users testifying that they've seen the truth and it's name is mint. Basically the normal background noise that you see on any Windows related thread. The fact that the best they can come up with is vague threats about the NSA looking at your Dick Pics says it all.

tldr: The lack of substantial stories about the W10 launch show that it has been a success.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon