Reply to post: Oh dear

Why Nobody Should Ever Search The Ashley Madison Data

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Oh dear

3. The Mere Fact That Someone's Details Are In The Ashley Madison Data Means Absolutely Nothing At All

Is disingenuous to the extreme. You use the phrase "the fact of the matter". Are you perhaps a politician, when you're not writing anonymous opinion pieces? I'd be delighted to hear you present the "facts", perhaps a quantitative breakdown of:

a) signups from people other than the account holder

b) signups from the account holder, but out of curiosity with no intention to have an affair

c) signups from the account holder, with an intention to have an affair

No? Then you don't have the facts needed to make this assertion, and claiming you do is an instant bullshit alarm bell.

My belief is that analysing the payment data will reveal that a high proportion of accounts have had money spent on them. Ashley Madison weren't conjuring $100 million dollars operating profit out of thin air. And when Impact Team leaks the rest of the database, we'll be able to count accounts that have had messages sent from them. This will demonstrate a large membership within the b and c cohort above.

The "someone else must have signed me up, using my correct mothers maiden name, from a computer inside my employer's building, but it WASN'T ME I SWEAR" defence is as laughable as it sounds.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon