Reply to post: TAKE THE MONEY

Would YOU make 400 people homeless for an extra $16m? Decision time in Silicon Valley

GeekiestWoman

TAKE THE MONEY

As a real estate investor, if I didn't want to hold the land longer, I'd sell to highest bidder. Actually I already sold all my CA properties due to the FACT that I know several BETTER 'silicon valley' areas other than the California one. California is on its way 'out' as a 'great place to live and work'. I own property now in TEXAS (and North Carolina). Texas is on its own power grid, the FED buys our STATE UTILITIES. Gasoline is 1.50 LESS than CA, NO TEXAS STATE TAX on payroll, bought a brandnew 2700 sq ft house last year for $167,500 CASH, I rented it out for 1700 a month plus $100/mo for lawncare (I have a lawncare biz too). You can pay more for a house, up to 300-400K in good neighborhoods each home with a big fenced yard, or up to $1M for a big house but barely ANY yard & maybe a small pool.

I buy in Keller area, very nice area fairly close to DFW Airport. Texas is BOOMING, there's no racism here (no matter how much the 'media' LIES about that, areas are mixed-race, BFD. I'd NEVER go back to CA for ANY REASON. Sure the summer here can be hot, but hey my condo complex has a very nice waterpark onsite (I buy houses and rent them out but I wouldn't live in a big house anymore. As for the people in the trailer park, who's stupid enough to live in a TRAILER park for '30 years'??? If you don't have the moxy to BUY a home in 30 years, I would say as the land owner (even in this case, inheritor of the land) I have the right to sell and NOT WORRY ONE SECOND ABOUT THE TENANTS. However, if the owner sees these people as 'friends' then he can pay for their move and give them a couple thousand as 'stress reduction'. That would equate to about 2M to 2.5M for 400 residents. He can write that off but THEY will be taxed on it as income. Good deal all around. I have no sympathy for people who are close to my age and NEVER SAVED ANY MONEY. I worked my BUTT off literally and figuratively to get what I have today. I have NO sympathy for people who were grasshoppers not ants.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon