Reply to post: Re: stupid Canadian volunteers to give away rights

Police use RIFLE AND TASER to relieve man of iPhone case

Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: stupid Canadian volunteers to give away rights

I can carry my guns around. In a locked case. With the ammunition in a separate locked case. This is the correct mode of transportation for firearms, just as it is the correct storage method for firearms.

I can unlock my firearms in my own residence if I take appropriate security precautions. This allows me to clean and maintain these devices.

It is not recommended (and is in most cases illegal) to unlock both the firearm and the ammunition at the same time excepting in designated areas such as firing ranges, or designated hunting grounds.

You are not allowed to acquire or retain firearms unless you have a license for that class of weapon. In order to get a firearms license you must learn and demonstrate understanding of firearm safety, including (but not limited to) all of the above.

This is exactly how firearms should be treated. It is sane. It is rational. It allowes Canada to maintain a higher per capita gun ownership than the United States without anywhere near as many firearms-related deaths (intentional or otherwise.)

Philosophies on the ownership and utilization of firearms which are less safety oriented have proven outright disastrous for those nations which have employed them. When dealing with firearms safety come first last and always.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon