Reply to post: Re: @ diodesign (was: Comparison)

Why does it take 8 hours for my posts to be approved?

jake Silver badge

Re: @ diodesign (was: Comparison)

"If something is rejected, just let it go."

That's all OK and fine. Your forum, your rules ... but why are posts that aren't against ElReg's published policy&procedure being rejected on a regular basis?

"It's the fact that we don't have time to read every comment"

Ah. I see. It's my handle, not my content. Again, your forum, your rules.

"and we do want every story to be accurate. So if you hide corrections in the comments, we may not see it, most readers won't see it, and it's a losing situation. If the correction is spotted, and the story fixed, the comment loses its context and becomes confusing."

So no biting the hand that bites the hand that feeds IT? Here I thought funny typos are funny, always (I've had my share of mea culpas and laughed at them myself!). Sure it's not thin skin?

"It is so much more efficient to email us if you spot something bad."

When posting such a comment in public, it's only when I spot a funny. Otherwise, email. From year dot. And it's not "bad", it's usually a typo that the splel chequer OKed.

"It's like posting a serious bug report in the app store reviews section on a popular app."

What's an app? I'm not exactly a consumer ... I use computers, not toasters.

"Ta. I am always in the SF office."

I'll let you know next time I'm in SF ... If you're heading for Sonoma or Napa county, let me know. If we both have time, I'm more than happy to meet face to face over a beer :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon