Reply to post: Re: So, networking then

Evil computers sense you’re in a hurry and mess with your head

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: So, networking then

You've got a Mac, haven't you? Every new major OS version manages to make networking a little more shitty. If you 'upgraded' it to Yosemite, my condolences, it's the pinnacle of networking shittiness.

Especially when it comes to mounting network resources. I have yet to work out how to make it connect to an NFS host because it doesn't matter what I try, it either screws up on authentication or on simply getting to the resource, and SMB use as "Guest" appears to be pretty much screwed as well because it seems to insist on a printing resource in its request (at least that's what it looked like in the error log before I gave up and used a USB stick instead).

For something that is *nix/BSD derived it seems to have pretty well strayed from its noble roots by now. Shame.

Ironically, printing it does really well, but only after I removed a WiFi repeater - the Epson printer I have really, REALLY doesn't like that thing to the point of nuking the print queue if it senses it (the Mac simply refuses to recognise the printer or reconnect if it's in range).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon