Reply to post: Not my fault guv...

Google robo-car in rear-end smash – but cack-handed human blamed

PsychicMonkey

Not my fault guv...

There seem to be a large number of comments here asking why the google cars (how many cars do they have in total?) have been in accidents in the 6 years they have been running. These comments appear to be saying that the automatic car must be at fault somehow.... I really can't see how that leap happens, if you rear end anything it is almost certainly always your fault. If you can't react fast enough to stop then you are too close at the speed you are going. Now I know this is an idealised view and I have been on both ends of this situation before, but the point still stands. The google car can not be at fault here, it had stopped as it should have done and as any fleshbag should have done, the person behind could not have been paying attention otherwise they would have seen the slowing car and done the same. I think it's fair to say that people will make far more errors on the road than an automated car will, but just as people always try to blame each other they are trying to blame the google car.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon