Reply to post: Is this just a london thing?

On yer bike: Hammerhead satnav for cyclists – just don't look down

IanCa
FAIL

Is this just a london thing?

curious, so I just installed their app and asked it to plot me my route across milton keynes from home to work. Which can be done 95% on cycle paths, the remaining 5% on quiet residential roads.

instead, its directing me down multiple derestricted (60mph) single carriageways, around two of the worst multiple roundabouts, couple of dual carriageways round a huge 3 lane roundabout on the A5... methinks it's route planning hasn't got a clue about anything outside london?

ok so my garmin edge doesn't do much better either - but I know that is only a roadies route-finder and accept it as such. I don't use the route finding anyway, as I generally know / plan where I am going in advance. Based on the description of this I was expecting true cycle-path aware route-planning and guidance ... seems like this is a waste of time unless the mapping and route planning takes a significant step up.

and to the other MK cyclists (usually lycra roadies on skinny wheels) who use the roads when there is a perfectly good cycle path next to it - GET ON THE CYCLE PATH PLEASE you will do all of us a favour. I wish there was a hand signal I could use when in my car to tell you this without causing a road rage incident. you might think that you can go 5mph faster on the road, and it might even be true...but you will be 25mph slower dead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon