Reply to post: The UI doesn't concern me all that much.

We tried using Windows 10 for real work and ... oh, the horror

johnwerneken

The UI doesn't concern me all that much.

Windows 10 10162

The UI doesn't concern me all that much. IMHO the whole idea of a GUI sucks, all of em, from first principle (images have value, which they do not) to the last implication (as stated, which dots hide what WTF could guess!).

Win 10 10162 does however run all my old aps just fine, and a few of the TIKFAM (The Interface Formerly Known As Modern) aps show promise. The concept of one general platform for multiple form factors appeals, a lot. The idea of cannibalizing aps and features from other platforms, android, iCraptraption, DumbPhone, that's a good move.

I think those new to pc's would have no problem with this. That could be important.

I think the BYOD thing might be more manageable with win 10 on them and in the enterprise as well.

I have noted that win 10 has seemed all along to be more robust and generally crash-resistant than anything from MS since 3.11

And yes most of the joint-concept features bells whistles and stupid UI tricks ARE either weird, buggy, inconsistent, or two or all three of those.

But I can now imagine this appealing, as a toolkit of sorts to make it more likely that the majority of applications for any particular environment will be in most respects available and more or less fully functional on all the others.

IF MS hardware side can demo devices that show this thing of, then I think it's established as an option.

AND MS clearly are paying more attention to user/potential purchaser/developer concerns than at any time since MS was in the early days of wine-and-dine with folks like me, in hopes we'd pitch their pc-based stuff to our bosses for use in enterprise settings.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon